Let’s get the obvious out of the way first: filling the sales pipeline can be challenging. Unfortunately, some companies make it even more difficult than it needs to be. When top salespeople handle routine prospecting and basic tasks, it leads to inefficiencies that make bringing in more work a cumbersome process.
That’s where properly outsourcing sales development representatives (SDRs) comes in.
While some are reluctant to expand their team and relinquish control over any aspect of the sales process, there are unique benefits to outsourcing SDRs that vastly outweigh the downsides. Let’s look at the potential role of SDRs and how they can add value to your team.
The Role of Inside Sales Development Reps
Outside sales development reps help create a consistent and predictable sales pipeline for your business. Without them, you put massive work squarely on the shoulders of a few. With them, you expand your capabilities, opportunities, and ability to focus your best salespeople on the most critical parts of the sales process.
When you outsource SDRs, they can assist with the following:
- Building your pipeline – An SDR team tackling top-of-funnel activities can free up sales teams to focus on closing. Some of these activities can include follow-ups and calls from a targeted list.
- Researching leads – Speaking of working from a targeted list, SDRs can research potential leads thoroughly and quickly. If any pain points surface, they can pass them on to your salespeople sooner. The cumulative result? Highly qualified and interested leads move forward faster.
- Cold calling – Many companies understand that cold calling is still a legitimate, effective way to reach target buyers. They just don’t have time to do it. Outsourcing this work ensures you engage with opportunities you can’t uncover anywhere else.
These are just a few items outsourced SDRs can take on. The point is broadening your reach and opportunities so that your best salespeople devote their efforts to work that directly impacts the bottom line.
Outsource SDRs For Incoming Revenue
To concretize the value outsourced sales development reps can bring your way, consider how new opportunities managed by SDRs help you meet your revenue goals.
- According to HubSpot Research in 2019, 72% of companies with less than 50 new opportunities per month didn’t achieve their revenue goals. By contrast, 15% of companies with 51 to 100 new opps didn’t meet their goals. This drops to just 4% for companies with 101 to 200 new opps.
It clearly pays to get more opportunities. Outsourced SDRs put those opportunities right into your lap.
- A study of SDR organizations from 900+ companies found the average SDR performs 94.4 activities a day, including social, call, voicemail, and email touches.
- These activities led to an average of 23.1 appointments set.
- 72.3% of these appointments become opportunities passed to sales.
- An average of 12.5 opportunities are accepted per month and 29.3% are closed.
In short, dedicated SDRs are proven to strengthen sales pipelines and help companies meet sales goals. For those in the SaaS space, as the company expands, an internal team may not be able to keep up with the pace of growth. Provide support to your account executives or outsource them too. Save on the time and costs of developing SDRs when you outsource a team that’s ready to hit the ground running.
Expedite Your Revenue Growth With UpRoar
When you’re ready for the growth you’ve been waiting for, UpRoar Partners is ready to help. We’re experts at assessing your unique sales needs and devising a custom strategy to bring you the real results you need. Check out what we can bring to the table, or contact us directly for a chat. You’ll be glad you did!